Endless Paradigm

Full Version: FBI Considers Privacy Measures to be Potential Terrorist Action
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Do You Like Online Privacy? You May Be a Terrorist

A flyer designed by the FBI and the Department of Justice to promote suspicious activity reporting in internet cafes lists basic tools used for online privacy as potential signs of terrorist activity.  The document, part of a program called “Communities Against Terrorism”, lists the use of “anonymizers, portals, or other means to shield IP address” as a sign that a person could be engaged in or supporting terrorist activity.  The use of encryption is also listed as a suspicious activity along with steganography, the practice of using “software to hide encrypted data in digital photos” or other media.  In fact, the flyer recommends that anyone “overly concerned about privacy” or attempting to “shield the screen from view of others” should be considered suspicious and potentially engaged in terrorist activities.

Logging into an account associated with a residential internet service provider (such as Comcast or AOL), an activity that could simply indicate that you are on a trip, is also considered a suspicious activity.  Viewing any content related to “military tactics” including manuals or “revolutionary literature” is also considered a potential indicator of terrorist activity.  This would mean that viewing a number of websites, including the one you are on right now, could be construed by a hapless employee as an highly suspicious activity potentially linking you to terrorism.

The “Potential Indicators of Terrorist Activities” contained in the flyer are not to be construed alone as a sign of terrorist activity and the document notes that “just because someone’s speech, actions, beliefs, appearance, or way of life is different; it does not mean that he or she is suspicious.”  However, many of the activities described in the document are basic practices of any individual concerned with security or privacy online.  The use of PGP, VPNs, Tor or any of the many other technologies for anonymity and privacy online are directly targeted by the flyer, which is distributed to businesses in an effort to promote the reporting of these activities.
Source: http://publicintelligence.net/do-you-lik...terrorist/

The flyer: http://info.publicintelligence.net/FBI-S...t_Cafe.pdf

https://encrypted.google.com/ « terrorist search engine
They can just stick the flyer up their own donkey. Like Obama said Osama is dead..... Now anyone who likes their online privacy is  a Terrorist Drink
lol. silly american government
A terrorist? How come? It's our right to have privacy.. If not, nobody would dare buy business online. What's the point?
Ohhh how could they managed to uncover me.
Well okay mistas from FBI , im a terrorist , im ready to hit my closed with a biological weapon
so hard my flowers going to die!

Come come for me ... im so dangerous i should be locked away on Mars. C'mon
AOL users suspicious? I'm with them on that.
Good thing I use a VPN! I've always wanted to be a terrorist!
do what you want cause a terrorist is free, you are a terror(ist)
Senseito7 Wrote: [ -> ]AOL users suspicious? I'm with them on that.

i use AOL ._.

* ProperBritish cries
the definition of terrorism is to coerce the public/governments into something using acts of terror

wtf does a privacy agreement have to do with that?

it seems like nowadays in america if you're doing anything even slightly illegal you're labeled a terrorist
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's