Endless Paradigm

Full Version: [RELEASE] SHELL 0.72 by Arnold - Next Generation PSP Shell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: tumblr_lkaug2y7gt1qa733wo1_500.jpg]

FEATURES OF THIS RELEASE:

- SHELL is a platform for development for developers - Build plugins, load apps all from within SHELL
- SHELL is a wonderful world for users to customise! Be it via APPS, PLUGINS, LINKS, THEMES!
- Calling all themers! Customise to your heart's content!

- Multi-language system. Translate to ANY language you want (just make sure it's UTF8).
- Multi-audio format support! MORE than the XMB! Plays various audio files: MP2, MP3, MP4, M4A, AA3, AT3, FLAC, AIF, AIFF, AU, WMA, WAV
- No need to Game Categories! Just put your apps in folders like on a computer and it can be as deep as you want it!
- No need to change X / O for confirm in Recovery. Just change it in SHELL and it's instant!

- SHELL LINKS - SHLK Links - Shortcuts to ANY app on your PSP. Simply fill in some details for a SHLK and see it appear in the SHELL Menu!
- SHELL PLUGINS (yep. PRXs - Developers!!! If you can't join Genesis and still want to join, make a plugin for SHELL!!)

- SHELL SDK and samples included

- If a feature is missing, just load the XMB! (eventually, this won't be needed as SHELL will have everything plus MORE!)

Acknowledgements:

Special Thanks to:
mowglisanu - audio library
Geecko - gfxLibrary

Hellcat, SilverSpring, Dark_AleX, Mathieulh, Davee, Bubbletune, cory1492, npt, Lampworker, InsertWittyName, A_Nub, hardhat, Light_AleX, Sleepy, Tomaz, TUW, Salvy, wally, WorldGenesis, ExcruciationX, zodttd, darth_grantius, m0skit0, wololo, ab5000, n00b81, KezraPlanes, PSPdemon, SC_Lakitu, Yoshihiro, Cloudhunter, Skyy, jas0nuk, exophase, roe-ur-boat, hibbyware, slicer4ever, re4thewin, Hackles, Kreationz, SG57, flatmush, Snubzilla, hardhat, Total_noob, someone, Coldbird, Liquizigong, neur0n, cooleyes

AND TO ANYONE THAT HELPED!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

One more thing to remember... get ready for the next release

DOWNLOAD
Just tried it.  This is a fantastic shell.

I expected nothing less from arnold.  He is a 50star.GIF PSP dev, and has been in the scene since the beginning.    

I hope he adds an advanced file management system in the next update   Madwin
off-topic
      That is a fantastic akuma gif, can i use those images to make a chibi mugen character?
Can some one please explain what this SHELL thing does with more details. Please.
dark_mirage Wrote: [ -> ]off-topic
      That is a fantastic akuma gif, can i use those images to make a chibi mugen character?
sure
I think its great. Need a lil more work, but as in concept, is great. Easy to use. If you want, I can give you the spanish translation for this. I just did mine, and you can add it in the next update.
TheDarknessArrives Wrote: [ -> ]Can some one please explain what this SHELL thing does with more details. Please.

A shell is an interface that "surrounds" the operating system (just like a clam surrounds a perl, for instance).

It can usually be linked to various functions from that operating system and, theoretically, it can be skinned to look what ever the heck you'd like. Unfortunately so can CXMB... Come to think of it, CXMB takes care of a lot of my skinning needs. And probably takes a lot less resources than this, being a more mature project. But to each his own, I guess.
My favourite homebrew for the GENESIS COMPO.

Really cool and very useful.
Reference URL's