Endless Paradigm

Full Version: First "Signed" PSP Homebrew Example By Kgsws (NO CFW/HEN)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First "Signed" PSP Homebrew Example By Kgsws (NO CFW/HEN)

Developer kgsws shares an example homebrew that requires zero hacks — run it on any PSP — any PSP at all — no HEN or CFW needed. Just create a directory under PSP/GAME and copy this EBOOT.PBP there. Now run it from the XMB. How ya like that?

How’s it work?
Kgsws Answers:
Quote:Simple, notice it contains ~PSP header from demo game (UCES00206), it is exactly same header. It is easy to craft last 16 bytes of encrypted data block to match header CMAC – yes, that’s the trick

There are some strange thigs, it can’t run homebrews with bigger executable block (data block does not matter), and because of ~PSP header, it has to match exact size of original game.

This trick might be possible on firmware kernel modules to get permanent HEN on non-pandrorable PSPs, i was not able to do it but i was not trying that much.

PS: i am not only one who found this trick

Confirmed working on my PSPgo OFW 6.20. kgsws, everyone else involved — props, nice work!

Download
Signed PSP Homebrew “Reflection” Demo

Code:
http://zdoom.ic.cz/reflection.zip

Source: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=5...150#p20309

Neat. Another day, another hack.
Is this the start? start of using homebrews on OFW?
Thanks for the news I've also read this at twitter
Awesome. I need to get me a Go, which would be a nice upgrade from this old PSP of mine
I still want to stick to my old 1000. I've never been failed.
shaqdarcy Wrote: [ -> ]Is this the start? start of using homebrews on OFW?
Thanks for the news I've also read this at twitter

cfw isn't completely unneccessary though, you can't run plugins on ofw, or decrypted rco's, so those precious custom themes of yours would be a never on ofw
This would be aimed towards HEN users. I really don't see the point of any of this for people with full custom firmware. What else would it add?

As for HEN users, you could have most of the apps and things signed, and leave everything else (plugins, cxmb,vsh menus etc) for HEN. Although it still seems unnecessary...
some decent news after sony get the key publicised by the current court case. Sony dropped the bomb on their own feet and i beleive have no choice but to support the homebrew community. The key itself was shown in a screenshot of a website which was to be used as evidence. Oh the irony.
dark_mirage Wrote: [ -> ]cfw isn't completely unneccessary though, you can't run plugins on ofw, or decrypted rco's, so those precious custom themes of yours would be a never on ofw

Oh yeah you're right! I forgot about plugins lol.Facepalm
by the way this just showed us what does the keys released few days/weeks ago can do.
Finally ! Yay YayYay Yay
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's