Endless Paradigm

Full Version: Coldbird: Coldbird: Downgrading is not possible with 6.35
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: psp-downgrader-logo-425.jpg]
Coldbird said that Downgrading wit Firmware 6.35 isn't possible because Sony removed the possibility to run old updaters in firmware 6.35.

Quote:No you can’t downgrade. In fact this isn’t even a problem with 6.35 PRO, but with Sony.

Sony removed Updater Kernel Module Support for old Kernel Updaters in 6.35, so… once you go 6.35 – you don’t go back.

That’s it basically.

Source
Downgrading may not even be needed anymore, once devs start making things using sony's private psp keys.
Sony have problems with free space in Flash0. If this true wee must obtain IPL for new motherboards.
YoYoBallz Wrote: [ -> ]Downgrading may not even be needed anymore, once devs start making things using sony's private psp keys.

That's what I thought too...
Then what about 6.31 ? Any chance of a downgrader since 6.20 TN-B is more stable right now ?
Once you go sony, you never go back.
lol that's why i love my 1000 Yay
Well, i bet that if you litterally forced it to downgrade (ie, creating a flasher) it might be possible, unless i totally missed the point
Sparker Wrote: [ -> ]
YoYoBallz Wrote: [ -> ]Downgrading may not even be needed anymore, once devs start making things using sony's private psp keys.

That's what I thought too...

100% correct, there is no need for a downgrader. But, For the PSP they only have the user mode keys, most homebrew is kernel mode. So, to make things work like they do now, create a good exploit and sign it. It shouldn't be hard to make a CFW this way. Simply singing homebrew on the PSP will not work for most homebrew.
xero1 Wrote: [ -> ]create a good exploit and sign it
Couldn't future firmwares just patch the exploit then?

If the UPDATE folder is treated specially, maybe a homebrew launcher which runs in the UPDATE folder, which can then run homebrews in kernel mode?
IDK much about how the PSP works internally though.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's