Endless Paradigm

Full Version: Final Fantasy IV remake on PSP Confirmed !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: image199.png]

Quote:When not making new Final Fantasy games, Square Enix likes to remake old Final Fantasy games. There's one title in particular that the company cannot stop remaking, though I really wish it would.

Remakes of Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy IV: The After Years are headed to the PSP next spring. The games will be on a single UMD and have spruced-up graphics. None of this is really necessary, however. This game has been remade a gajillion times.

Final Fantasy IV was first released in Japan in 1991 on the Super Famicom (Super Nintendo), but a tweaked version called Final Fantasy IV: Easy Type followed later that year. The game was then remade for the PlayStation 2 in 1997. It was then released on the WonderSwan in 2002 and the Game Boy Advance in 2005. It was then remade for the Nintendo DS in late 2007. It was then released on the Wii Virtual Console in 2009, and on two Japanese cell phone operators that same year. The game was released on another cell phone operator earlier this year.

Not all those games are remakes — many of them are ports. But seriously? Another Final Fantasy IV remake? Really? The inclusion of Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, which was released on WiiWare last year, might be interesting to the handful of people who aren't sick of Square Enix dragging this game out, in one form or another, year after year.

source: Kotaku

I always love ports especially FFIV Madwin
Eh, how could you complain?
Not like you have to buy it.

Don't have any of the other consoles mentioned anyway.
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]Eh, how could you complain?
Not like you have to buy it.

Don't have any of the other consoles mentioned anyway.

i think the author from kotaku is bitter that FF7 don't have remake in PS3, lol
I hope Square aren't scared after the relative disappointment of FFXIII and total failure of FFXIV.

Here's hoping Versus can repair their rep a bit..
I want a proper FFIII remake, but this is cool anyway.
PSP gets all the cool remakes. :<

damn gotta buy one this christmas <3
/reads article.
There's a PS2 remake of FFIV!? And in 1997 before the PS2 was out!? I'm amazed.
Why not V or VI?

There's already been one remake of IV, wee don't need 9001 more. >:o
Probably meant PS1 remake; I used to have FFIV for PS1. One of my favourite FF's actually :)
nurehtix Wrote: [ -> ]Why not V or VI?

There's already been one remake of IV, wee don't need 9001 more. >:o

yeah wee need more updated version of FFVI, even it is in 2d form
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's