Endless Paradigm

Full Version: Do you think this is allowed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have a poll above, comment below.

basically your working at a location that allows for flexible shifts and you just want to work your awesome shift pattern.

suddenly your shifter (the guy who gives your your shifts for the week) decided that you can work a day that isn't on "your days that you can work"

so it allowed or is it a bit unfair?
on most cases, if you have a valid reason for not being able to work some shifts, they can't force you, examples are parents who need to tend their children and part time workers who have school.

working midnight and holidays, they can't force you if you don't want to.
i have my reasons
Depending on your bargaining power, you could ask them why they want to allocate you away, then blame them for bad management of schedules.
You can always threaten not to turn up on the day.
its been noted that doesn't work
In the end they have the final say, you can say when you aren't available but it's their decision when you work. Did you get the shifter mad??
Syfe Wrote: [ -> ]i have my reasons

whackin it to exposed pantsu is not good enough...just hit the bathroom a few extra times that shift
no i didnt make anybody angry. although everyone i asked had that day on shift (almost everybody was going to be working)
If you've got a solid reason that you cannot be at work (namely, being somewhere else important) then you should be able to refuse the hours, no worries.
If you have no real reason to refuse the shift, just suck it up, do it, and think of the money.
Reference URL's