Endless Paradigm

Full Version: UMD Tools NOT working on Vista...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My PC just died the other day.  So I bought a new one, and it comes with Windows vista installed on it. (I guess they all do now)  

Anyway, to my dismay I heard someone say the UMD Tools do not work on Vista.  I just re downloaded them, and they indeed will not work.  It just gives an error and closes.  Oddly enought, all the other tools are said to work, except the UMD Stream composer...  (The one needed to create .mps files)

Anyone know of a work around for Vista Users?
Try changing the compatibility mode for umdcomposer?
Yea my Stream Composer won't load either on vista i even put the .Dll in my system32 won't work
|-Anubis-| Wrote:Try changing the compatibility mode for umdcomposer?

Yes try this maybe there is a win98 compatibility or win xp!?

right click "UmdStreamComposer.exe"

Maybe i go vista but this is nogood news..
XP PRO <3
how about Vista crashes so i have to use my WIn98 machine which only my Vista machine has the tools. other than that it didn't work for me either
BIG News :D   I just learned on MaxConsole, that MS blacklisted certain exe progs from running on Vista...

Just rename "UMDstreamComposer.exe" to something else like "Der.exe".  And it works fine on Windows Vista.  :D

Back to Gameboot making  :D
There is a thread here about it as well.

A really interesting factoid.
actually, its not the exe, its the manifest file that's causing the problem.  if you just rename the manifest and leave umdstreamcompser as names, it will run.

if tested and re-tested...

some one else check this please
just want to up this thread because until now i have no luck to use that UMD Tools???

I'm on winxp sp2 I'm just wondering why this tools work on them while on me not?????

any advice bro's???
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's