Endless Paradigm

Full Version: $30,000 PSX Auction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
W0w holy spoon is rite!!!
y though??? just y?
Wow...

I could probably pirate that stuff for less than a 10th of the price.
Anyways, some counting yields around 100 games for each of the small CD piles. around 55 for the large box piles. There are 10 stacks of CDs and 5 stacks of boxes,

That would make an estimate of about 100x10+55x5 = 1000+275 = 1275 games.

Thus the price for each game would be around $23.53. BUT this auction also includes a lot of other stuff, like PS hardware, accessories, and other stuff. So i would estimate around $15-20 for each PSX game. Still expensive, but it'll be a hardcore collector's dream.

ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:Wow...

hell yeah.

But to pirate it all, that would be, estimating a size of 400mb for each PSX image, a total of 400x1275 = 510000mb of PSX images.

That is, assuming each game is 1CD. many games are actually multiple CDs, thus the actual value would be larger. Lets compensate for that by letting each game count as 1.5 images. That will yield 510000x1.5 = 765000mb

Compress with 7z, and u may be able to cut that by half, to something like 373.5gb.

HEY, that's actually very acheivable. I always thought it would be way harder. i have like 25gb psx images already (uncompressed size) compressed is like 15gb. only 25x more to go :mdr:

But if it were for PS2 games, since each PS2 game is atleast 5x bigger than a PSX game, it would be atleast 765000x5= 3825000mb = 3.64tb.

Oh, and i also have like 20+gb of ROMS, completely 7z merged, which is equivalent, i say, completely extracted, since 7z handles multiple versions of similar roms extremely well, anywhere between 100-400gb of roms.

Now that's a LOT of roms, considering how small roms are. Think this: the whole NES romset 7zipped is only around 230mb. the whole SNES romset somewhere around 1.5gb. The whole Sega Genesis 700mb. The whole N64 set aound 4.8gb (yeah, 7z is really good. the whole N64 set uncompressed is VERY large.)... and lots more i can't remember.
Assassinator Wrote:Anyways, some counting yields around 100 games for each of the small CD piles. around 55 for the large box piles. There are 10 stacks of CDs and 5 stacks of boxes,

That would make an estimate of about 100x10+55x5 = 1000+275 = 1275 games.

Thus the price for each game would be around $23.53. BUT this auction also includes a lot of other stuff, like PS hardware, accessories, and other stuff. So i would estimate around $15-20 for each PSX game. Still expensive, but it'll be a hardcore collector's dream.

ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:Wow...

hell yeah.

But to pirate it all, that would be, estimating a size of 400mb for each PSX image, a total of 400x1275 = 510000mb of PSX images.

That is, assuming each game is 1CD. many games are actually multiple CDs, thus the actual value would be larger. Lets compensate for that by letting each game count as 1.5 images. That will yield 510000x1.5 = 765000mb

Compress with 7z, and u may be able to cut that by half, to something like 373.5gb.

HEY, that's actually very acheivable. I always thought it would be way harder. i have like 25gb psx images already (uncompressed size) compressed is like 15gb. only 25x more to go :mdr:

But if it were for PS2 games, since each PS2 game is atleast 5x bigger than a PSX game, it would be atleast 765000x5= 3825000mb = 3.64tb.

Oh, and i also have like 20+gb of ROMS, completely 7z merged, which is equivalent, i say, completely extracted, since 7z handles multiple versions of similar roms extremely well, anywhere between 100-400gb of roms.

Now that's a LOT of roms, considering how small roms are. Think this: the whole NES romset 7zipped is only around 230mb. the whole SNES romset somewhere around 1.5gb. The whole Sega Genesis 700mb. The whole N64 set aound 4.8gb (yeah, 7z is really good. the whole N64 set uncompressed is VERY large.)... and lots more i can't remember.

Word.
Quote:Alternatively, you could probably buy a slave
Actually, multiple, if you get 'em cheap:
Quote:Reducing the price of slaves to as low as US$40 in Mali for young adult male laborers, to a high of US$1000 or so in Thailand for HIV-free young females suitable for use in brothels (where they frequently contract HIV). This represents the price paid to the person, or parents.
- Source: [Wikipedia]
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:
Quote:Reducing the price of slaves to as low as US$40 in Mali for young adult male laborers, to a high of US$1000 or so in Thailand for HIV-free young females suitable for use in brothels (where they frequently contract HIV). This represents the price paid to the person, or parents.
- Source: [Wikipedia]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHHA Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha :mdr: :mdr:
$30,000 / $40 = 750 Slaves...  Hmmm, what would I do with 750 slaves...?
START A WAR!

Or get 30 "hookers" for life.
$40/ slave.

hmmm. i can afford LOTS of slaves.

cR@Zy!NgLi$h Wrote:Hmmm, what would I do with 750 slaves...?

use ur imagination. :mdr:
Double post
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:START A WAR!

i like that idea. LOL.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's