Endless Paradigm

Full Version: [PSP] [Sourcecode] RCO Editor v1.14d
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well, I'm getting busy these days, and there isn't that much to add to RCO Editor... Erk
So I thought I'd release the source code for anyone interested.  I may
decide to add a few things later on, but for now, I think I'll take a
break from this.

The code is written in VB6.  Note that although VB6 is typically a "n00b language" the code is certainly not n00b friendly.  A few more advanced things are used, plus I'm too lazy to add comments etc.
In fact, it's not as "neat" as I wanted it to be, primarily because of the way I investigated the RCO format.

More info is given in the readme.  Remeber, read the readme!
File can be downloaded below.  (Note that will also need the compiled package which can be found here)

Hope some people find this useful!
oh shtt your releasing it

man wonder what's going to come out of this?
And so it begins...

Thanks for the great work as always Zinga!

Hopefully there won't be too many umm "mods" to your application.
This makes me vary vary sad "Z" man... :(
ORGAN Wrote:This makes me vary vary sad "Z" man... :(

same here :(

absolutly great work ZiNgA BuRgA! Inluv
i agree - it is sad you have no time to continue the work. i think it woulda been best to let a select few have the source to continue it for you, then perhaps you could return to it later. i now expect many rip-offs from this. its a shame but also necessary. i have to add im surprised it can actually be done in vb6 - not very usefull for intricate coding functions. anyway well done on the prog.
VB6 can do anything, apart from some more low level stuff like drivers. :P

Just looks neater in C/C++ though - VB pointers looks disgusting Erk
well ive never been good at either but i know some coding. i have to say i am surprised at its flexibility. i was always of the belief that vb was the poorer cousin of c++. ill have a look at the source, maybe ill learn something new from it.
Nah, it's not that flexible.  C++ is way better IMO, in terms of a language; also, syntax is much nicer (not to mention "used" by many other languages, eg Java/PHP etc).

I've just always been way too lazy to adapt to Visual C++, so I kept with Visual Basic. Erk
(actually, I tried making an app in VC++, but it was completely done via API, lol, I need to get familiar with MFC)
thanks for the source, this is gonnahelp me alot..........
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's