Endless Paradigm

Full Version: is this a bad idea?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My dad has a laptop running XP with 512MB of RAM, would it be a bad idea to install Win7 on it? Or would it just make it run even slower than before?
You won't be able to multitask much. If it's stable in XP i see no point in upgrading.
Alrighty, I only brought this up because I lost my Win7 disc and downloaded a new ISO that seems legit, do I just put the ISO on a disc and it's good to go to install it?
win7 with 512mb? you will be able to boot and look at the desktop and even that will make you run out of physical memory, it's a very bad idea imo
It would probably work. But judjing on the specs you've posted it would probably be pretty slow. Aero probably wouldn't work either.

Basically it wouldn't be able to do much more than XP currently does with added slowness...
Not good idea.
It's a good idea!!! A good idea!!!

I'm not taking the mick,I just wanted it to look like people had different opinions. Completely disregard my post.
buying more ram is a great idea!!
Funnybutrandom Wrote:win7 with 512mb? you will be able to boot and look at the desktop and even that will make you run out of physical memory, it's a very bad idea imo

lol that.

I've booted up using more than 1GB of RAM.

off topic: @SchmilK: like bacon, do wee? lololol.
SchmilK Wrote:buying more ram is a great idea!!

Now that would be a good idea. 7 needs around 2GB to run comfortably for the average user. XP around 1GB. Vista, many many gigabytes...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's