Endless Paradigm

Full Version: [Tutorial] Quickly Change 5.00/5.50 with CXMB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes I am....
wow nice, thanks, now i don't worry for the 1.50 kernell addon for 5.50 cause 5.00m33 will still works by this method, good job schmilk!!

and now i wish i don't get the same error as Joomla12 have since i also got a fat psp :P

can also other nand manager works the same as schmilk attached?
Thanks for the Guide, I'll try :)
SchmilK Wrote: [ -> ]I have simply hex edited cxmb to have unique cxmb.prx, support folder and conf.txt so that each firmware loads the proper files it needs.
There's no need to hexedit cxmb; it's open source. The code for my variant (which supports everything up to 5.50) is available at http://code.google.com/p/cxmb-override/

Quote:Now while in 5.00m33 run Flash Loader from game menu.  This will modify psbtn files and add an seplugins folder to flash0 where wee can have it load our plugins.
Eeek, flash0 ;.;

I have a clear picture on what needs to be changed in the code so that a single .prx is needed, without any flashing. It would basically look for (folder)/conf550.txt or (folder)/conf500.txt and only use conf.txt as a fallback. It would also load ms0:/psp/theme550 or *500 in System - Themes if the folder exists, or use ms0:/psp/theme if not. The same would go the loglevel.txt/ignore.txt/overridefolder from my improvements.

However, I've never considered doing all this because I don't see myself swapping between 5 and 5.5 so frequently. And only now as I'm typing do I see that this post is a year old, so I'll shut up now.

Unless these features I've described would be used by people? Then I'll shut up and code for a bit :P
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's