Endless Paradigm

Full Version: [Wii] Load Custom theme's from SD!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Again, I know not many EPeople are into the Wii scene but yeah, it's cool news

Well, it seems the Ninthendo Wii scene is still going strong and more and more great things are being released everyday :)  And today waninkoko is releasing yet another one of his great hacks.  In the morning when I am less fudgeed up I will post my testings  :P

waninkoko Wrote:This is my last release until I come back from my holidays.

In this tutorial I'll use System Menu 4.0E as example. These steps can be followed for any System Menu with very little differences.

REQUISITES:

- Custom IOS38 rev14
- Menu Patcher v1.2 (http://github.com/waninkoko/menu-patcher/tree/master)
- SD card or USB device
- 00000075.app file already patched with a custom theme (the filename varies between System Menu versions).

STEPS:

1. Create these folders in the root of the SD/USB device: /title/00000001/00000002/content
2. Copy file 00000075.app inside "content" folder created in step 1.
3. Rename file 00000075.app to 00000001.app (00000075 is the content ID while 00000001 is the index (in hex). cIOS works with the index, not with the ID. This info is specified in the System Menu TMD. I believe in all System Menu versions the theme content is always index 1).
4. Load Menu Patcher v1.2 and enable "Content Override" feature.

NOTE:

- If wee get the contents from other System Menu version (for example, 3.2E), and wee copy it to "content" folder, and wee rename it correctly (like in this tutorial), Menu Patcher will load that System Menu version instead of the installed one tongue.gif

Greetings.

- Source: [HERE]
thank you very much for the info i wish i had more time to play with mine here.
I'd freakin do it but its just a fudgeing impossibility right now.

Thanks for posting anyway YoYo, I like to keep in the know.
are there any COOL themes? i mean, all ive seen are really poo poo.. 2minute paint themes.. matrix themes and spoon.. i want some COOL themes
Mythos Wrote:are there any COOL themes? i mean, all ive seen are really poo poo.. 2minute paint themes.. matrix themes and spoon.. i want some COOL themes

Agreed, not many custom Wii themes have caught my eye.  I like the all black theme.  Hopefully this will get more people making more themes.

Still, I have not tried this.  I think for it to enable your theme you have to run menu patcher first in HBC, then the Wii will restart the console with your custom theme.   Myself, I don't like the idea of having to run menupatcher just it to apply the theme.   but still this is a very cool hack.
Cool themes?  
If you guys only knew...  Go to The Playground (linked in my sig)
Wee have TONS of Wii themes.   (I am on the Wii Theme Team there)

Wee also have tuts, materials, top experts, ect     Wee even have eclusive hacks for 36 frame animations for blank channels ect.  Wee are also working on hacking the music in the wii system menu (xmb basically) PG is the EP of Wii themes   ;)

I actually released a Wii theme here probably a month ago.  it was a punch out theme   ;)

Also, one more thing, you may want to check out our guides, because you must use a different .app for different firmwares - OR YOU WILL BRICK!

Always install preloader and bootmii and back up your nand before hacking your wii !!

Check us out !   Wii themes are fun and exciting   :D

~Shizzy
Reference URL's