Endless Paradigm

Full Version: Etrian Odyssey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm going to play the first one again. More balanced than the second just lacks those nice features from EO2 (More map options, quick save, the ability to see equipment stats in shops, Gunners are cute...).

Anyway here's the dream team! My objective is to bring light to underused skills and classes! (Not enough Ronin and Dark Hunter love)

Protector
F Guard -
Okay... this isn't underused ==;

Many people use this in EO1 too but its important for my DH.

En Garde -
Only underused because people are too busy raving on with Smite and Defender. Its popular in solo Protector runs though.

Smite -
Skill points are harsh but I'll try and work my way into getting this. The Protector needs to able to hurt them random encounters.

Provoke -
Yes I know it doesn't work but if it helps out the DH slightly I'm willing to put my 5 points into it ==;

I'll max it if I can too.

Aegis -
Low priority but extra survival is nice.

Dark Hunter -
Drain -
Must for sword hunter.

Bait -
Also must. Its annoying side effect of drawing enemies attacks to the back row is
annoying though.If I'm feeling crazy enough though I could exploit it and have a back row DH draw attacks to the front row @_@

Fury -
Conflicts with Drain but also supports it as well. Crazy.

Ronin -

The only way to use a Ronin is Overhead, Midareba.

Alchemist -

Until Ronin is unlocked I'll be using this guy. Poison magic and thunder magic. I won't outright erase him though. I'll need him against Ironcrabs.

Medic -

No Immunize. That's right. Immunize is for sissies. Bring it on enemies!

Troubadour -

Bravery and Relaxing. I know Relaxing falls under the "broken" skills but when my front row lot chew through their TP like paper I feel is necessary. I regretted not using one in my last playthrough... (DH kept running out of TP spamming Bait... so annoying...)

Might try out the elemental songs if I have spare TP too. Shelter could work since its nowhere near as broken as Defender or Immunize.

Predicted threats -
Spoiler:
Coat- buhhh... big stingray thing! -
Always a hard boss. Always. But with my skill wee might be able to pull through (By skill I mean more grinding).

Ren and Tlachtg- however the hell you spell her name

Even with immunize the duo can still lay a beating. Kesagiri hurts, binds are mean, and the fact Ren can heal herself too auggghh...

Etrent -
Bait is godly against him but also dangerous against him since it causes Cyclone's damage to increase which is not good. I did this last time too and ended up with a dead Ronin for the rest of the long battle ==;

Drake and Wyrm -
No not Dragon. Dragon is a joke guys. Anyone can beat him without Immunize. Drake and Wyrm though they can do some pretty nasty damage without Medic cheese.
1st mission complete.

Party status:

Lv5 Protector
Shields - 1
F Guard - 6

Lv5 Dark Hunter
Swords - 4
Drain - 3

Lv5 Alchemist
Toxins - 1
Poison - 6

Lv5 Medic
Cure - 1
Cure III - 1
Healer - 5

Lv5 Troubadour
Songs - 6
Bravery - 1

MVP: Alchemist
123 ongoing damage for the win. Like all Alchemists he makes a stellar presentation in the early game ==;

If I had to make a LVP (Heh) it would Trouba. Doesn't do much yet... maybe I should have went for maxing Bravery first then go for Relaxing. Meh.
What console is this for??? U make me want to play old school games..
feinicks Wrote:What console is this for??? U make me want to play old school games..

lol nintendo DS
ZOMG... I can probably play it at work.. if I get an off day...
Up to the 5th floor now.

Lv14 Protector
DEF Up - 3
Shields - 3
F Guard - Maxed

Lv14 Dark Hunter
ATK Up - 1
Swords - 5
Drain - Maxed

Lv14 Alchemist
Volt Up - 4
Toxins - 1
Volt - 1
Poison - Maxed

Lv14 Medic
Cure - 1
Cure III - Maxed
Healer - 5

Lv14 Troubadour
TP Up - 5
Songs - 7
Bravery - 1
Relaxing - 3

MVP: Alchemist... now he can actually fight and use poisons. Show off. Hmph!
I keep getting side tracked. I blame on lack of time to do everything at once ==;

Fenrir is still breathing but he'll stop that soon.

Oh so very soon.
[Image: 6d0cc9f1d51a625c6c5f0d40235becd2.jpg]
Beat Fenrir, he's a pussy compared to the enemies in the 2nd stratum.

Lvl20 Protector
DEF Up - 3
Shields - 4
Fortify - 5
F. Guard - Maxed

Lvl20 Dark Hunter
ATK Up - 5
Swords - 5
Drain - Maxed
Bait - 2

Lvl20 Alchemist
Volt Up - 9
Toxins - 1
Volt - 1
Thor - 1
Poison - Maxed

Lvl20 Medic
Healer - 5
Cure - 1
Cure II - 3
Cure III - Maxed
Salve II - 3

Lvl20 Troubadour
TP Up - 5
Songs - 7
Bravery - 1
Relaxing - 9

MVP: Dark Hunter
Enemies are starting to get more resistant to poison. Though I do have my lightning magics, my DH is doing far more damage with Drain and using much less TP. Doesn't matter though since my Alche isn't my final party anyway >_>

I do have Thor though which a great spell. But it costs a whopping 16 TP which isn't worth it since my DH can do the same amount of damage Thor does only with far less TP (Drain costs 6 TP at max level).

Now the brave party faces the 2nd strata! Not long until I unlock Ronin and finally ditch my Alche!
Moas are scary. Maybe they should have been the first boss.

Only my Dark Hunter survived against the first one but that's because Drain and Bait are THAT awesome ==;
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's