Endless Paradigm

Full Version: backing up games via internet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so i found out that i can't back up games with any old dvd drive it has to be a certain lg drives which are now rare to find and when you do find them they are really expensive.. So i did some more rresearch and found out you can back up over wifi which is great but not for my as some may no my wii has issue with wifi and won't stay connected for verry long so I was wondering if you could back up over a lan connection.. I could just buy the lan cable but the problem is, is that the wifi backup works by the wii setting up a webpage where you can access the contents of the dvd but will the wii be able to do that if it is connected over wifi?
wow.. you can get the drives for 15bucks here.. (amazon)
(if u are talking about wii)
Why not just buy an 8GB SD card (within the realms of about £20) and back up using that

Tis what i do

Besides, you need an adaptor to do wired LAN on a Wii

Ohh...and the question, duh

Yeah, it will work, as the Wifi is also a LAn connection, it doesn't make a difference what media you use for LAN as long as its compatable, and set up via your Wii's settings
roberth can u back up your wii games with ur 8gb card? i thought the wii only goes upto 2gb
ive never had an issues with my 8GB HDSC before....
Im guna buy the wii usb gecko to back up my games it seems a good solid way
You can also back up a disc in parts, so you could use a 2gb card if you needed.  Also, using wifi to dump a game takes forever, it goes at 67.5 kilobytes a sec.
YoYoBallz Wrote:You can also back up a disc in parts, so you could use a 2gb card if you needed.  Also, using wifi to dump a game takes forever, it goes at 67.5 kilobytes a sec.

damn that's slow

psp adhoc transfer goes at 360-80 kilobytes a sec
Use this guide bro:

http://pspplayground.condor.serverpro3.c...9#msg57579

It's pretty easy to follow   :)

~Shizzy
I bought the usb  gecko now its coming tomorow i will tell you guys all about it
Reference URL's