Endless Paradigm

Full Version: Ubuntu failish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i installed ubuntu while dual-booting windows, install went perfect, but when i rebooted stupid monitor and graphics card so then i went two hours trying to fix it. Finally stupid nvida driver was installed by ubuntu automatically so i had to find a way to uninstall.

Then compiz wouldn't work so i installed all this xgl spoon, so that worked but took 50% cpu, uninstalled, then everything worked perfectly. After that I installed wine and photoshop and its really buggy. So now its okayish. Arigato, Ja Ne

by the way typed all this with windows OSK
...why...
or what are you on?
why would you put linux on a computer anyway?
idk for fun, and im Xp
I really, really hope that by Ubuntu 9 [2009] or Ubuntu 10 [2010] it'll be working as good as Windows... then wee can abandon it.
yeah, Ubuntu is nice, but i had to do so much work just to get my laptop to work that i gave up in the end and stuck with Vista which doesn't run very well on my lappy, but at least it does so without and issues
i have a 16gb flash pen running a dual-boot full install of mandriva 2009 and xp pro sp3

i had to edit driver files on the install CD for xp to work :D
Senseito Sakura Wrote:I really, really hope that by Ubuntu 9 [2009] or Ubuntu 10 [2010] it'll be working as good as Windows... then wee can abandon it.

that's the wrong mindset to begin with...
if you expect it to work like windows it will always disappoint you.
the problem is not linux is too hard the problem is linux is different.
bstronga Wrote:
Senseito Sakura Wrote:I really, really hope that by Ubuntu 9 [2009] or Ubuntu 10 [2010] it'll be working as good as Windows... then wee can abandon it.

Knock-knock

I've used Linux for months before...

I think wee are looking at it differently - I'm not looking for ReactOS... but something that works-as-well-as Windows~ and by that I mean the good parts, not the bad - i.e. driver compatibility is one thing that needs to be boosted... better application installing system and less work on the candy and more work on the core.
Senseito Sakura Wrote:
bstronga Wrote:

Knock-knock

I've used Linux for months before...

I think wee are looking at it differently - I'm not looking for ReactOS... but something that works-as-well-as Windows~ and by that I mean the good parts, not the bad - i.e. driver compatibility is one thing that needs to be boosted... better application installing system and less work on the candy and more work on the core.

what do you mean by better application installing system?
pretty much any linux packagemanager is superior compared to windows "counterpart"
it just works completly different.
and candy is important imho since computers somewhat have become a fashion statement.... I'm looking at you apple.
bstronga Wrote:what do you mean by better application installing system?
pretty much any linux packagemanager is superior compared to windows "counterpart"
it just works completly different.
and candy is important imho since computers somewhat have become a fashion statement.... I'm looking at you apple.

Package Managers aren't ENTIRELY appealing, simple, sure, but if plenty of everything comes out double you tee eff are you supposed to do... it needs a better independent installation system.

Candy IS important, but like said, it should get in the way of core development.
Reference URL's