Endless Paradigm

Full Version: Why some custom themes only works well on english language?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello guys,
first, sorry for my bad english ^^

i am brasilian and use (obviously) the portuguese language on my PSP,
but the CXMB themes doesn't work right if i don't choose English as my PSP Language

anyone know anything about this? O.o

thanks for readin'
Madwin
fabiokazu Wrote:hello guys,
first, sorry for my bad english ^^

i am brasilian and use (obviously) the portuguese language on my PSP,
but the CXMB themes doesn't work right if i don't choose English as my PSP Language

anyone know anything about this? O.o

thanks for readin'
Madwin
Its theme related,. some theme's don't work multi language.
Not a CXMB problem. ;)
There's a way to fix it?

Edit: I edited the Thread title to facilitate the understanding.
fabiokazu Wrote:There's a way to fix it?

Edit: I edited the Thread title to facilitate the understanding.

that's also kinda theme related,. ;)
To my understanding, most theme creators are english-speaking, along with most of the user-base. So it would only make sense that the themes would be developed for english. Most themes have edited text in topmenu_plugin, so the english-speaking creators don't change the topmenu to have new text.
Oh, thanks for the explaining.

Anyone can tell me what exactly of the topmenu_plugin.rco i need edit to adapt the theme for my language? ^^ I know the basics about xmb customization.
You need to edit the text data. Many themes add spaced to the text to move it one direction. Just add spaces where needed to get the text in the right spot.
XanderChaos Wrote:You need to edit the text data. Many themes add spaced to the text to move it one direction. Just add spaces where needed to get the text in the right spot.

oh... thanks, i will try this
thanks for the help, xander \o/
Inluv
np. Just post here again if you have any issues.
Reference URL's