Endless Paradigm

Full Version: extended gameboot not playing on my psp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Stupid gameboot issue I am having...Nana-o

I am trying to make an extended gameboot & so far no luck...I made the gameboot & when I load it in my psp only a white screen shows & I did adjust my delay time in my opening_plugin but it still don't play...The part the confuses me is that if I rename my gameboot to cintro.pmf & put it in the root of my memory stick to see if the pmf homebrew player reads/plays it & it does perfectly...?!!? So what am I missing because the pmf is correctly made it just won't play in my flash0?!!? & I also checked my mps in my "UmdStreamViewer.exe" & it played perfectly there....Is it too large to read from the flash0? Do I need to redirect it to my memory card? ((that is one hex thing I can do lol))  Please if anyone has any insight could you give it... Thanks in advance
you could try to delete some bmp´s from opening_plugin.rco and remove your background (so that the 12-month-background is showing)
how big is the file I would suggest using a gameboot that doesn't exceed 2 mb.
osnap1584 Wrote:how big is the file I would suggest using a gameboot that doesn't exceed 2 mb.

I think that is my problem...I am using a 5MB file & it plays in PMF player just fine as well as the mps played in the stream viewer but it won't play loaded as a gameboot...Nana-o:(  

I have even tried to redirect it to my ms0 just incase it was to large but again NO luck...  I guess I will have to do some cropping of the bootFacepalm...unless someone else has any ideas..?  Thanks for your help deutscher_russe & osnap1584
The MPStoPMF that was used to create the gameboot may not work on your particular firmware version.
Gadget Wrote:
osnap1584 Wrote:how big is the file I would suggest using a gameboot that doesn't exceed 2 mb.

I think that is my problem...I am using a 5MB file & it plays in PMF player just fine as well as the mps played in the stream viewer but it won't play loaded as a gameboot...Nana-o:(  

I have even tried to redirect it to my ms0 just incase it was to large but again NO luck...  I guess I will have to do some cropping of the bootFacepalm...unless someone else has any ideas..?  Thanks for your help deutscher_russe & osnap1584

5 mb? hell no man, no wonder you are getting a whitewash. Turn it into a cintro as stated any gameboot exceeding 2-2.5 mb will give you a whitewash.
osnap1584 Wrote:
Gadget Wrote:

5 mb? hell no man, no wonder you are getting a whitewash. Turn it into a cintro as stated any gameboot exceeding 2-2.5 mb will give you a whitewash.

Yeah ok, I was assuming all a cintro was is an extended gameboot...I will research to see if cintro creating is any different then gameboot making thanks for the tip...

@
Posted by |-Anubis-| - Today 06:57 PM
The MPStoPMF that was used to create the gameboot may not work on your particular firmware version.

Yeah I have had issues with this program before but it works when I use the pmf player on my psp but I am in 3.90m33. I don't think it is but it could be I suppose...

THanks both I am off to research cintro's ...
Reference URL's